Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday Not so Wonderful

Well..once again, the scale did not move.  Last week after losing 3 lbs, I thought for sure because I started working out harder and added some weight training that I would have seen a loss this week.  But, this morning, the scale read the exact weight as last week. 

A couple of variables to consider, one being the fact that I am on the second day of my menstrual cycle...and the weight training..could fat possibly be turning into muscle already?!

I document what I eat each day, and only once have I ever gone above 1500 calories in the past six weeks!  I average about 1200 calories each day.  Yesterday I barely ate 800 calories! 

A friend reminded me that it is not totally about weight loss anyways, it is about obedience, and that reminder was incredibly encouraging.  I am choosing to be obedient to what the Lord has shown me to do regarding my body.  There's nothing I could really change, except eating less or spend my life at the gym..I do not consume anything white or processed.  I rarely eat grains, and the only main carbs I eat come from fruit.  So, I feel as if I am truly feeding my body good, healthy fuel, and getting a good routine of exercise. 

I went to the YMCA 3 times last week and twice this week already!  I am feeling better than ever!  No loss this week is a little discouraging to me, but I do know that my body is not as young as it used to be and there could be all kinds of crazy reasons as to why this has happened.  I will not allow it to set me back at all..I am thankful for this journey and I am bound and determined to continue on this path to wholeness in Christ..spirit, mind and body.

Yesterday we celebrated two birthdays.  My son, Michael turned 15 and my daughter, Julia turned 10!  They have the same birthday, just 5 years apart!  They requested pasta, so I was forced to face my biggest temptation once again.  This time was completely different than the disaster that occurred last time!  I steamed some zucchini, eggplant and green pepper and poured a couple of cups of sauce over the vegetables, while everyone else ate rigatoni and meatballs smothered in sauce and Romano cheese.  I never felt deprived and, oh my goodness..it was absolutely delicious!!  We had birthday cake and ice cream, and I can honestly say that I wasn't tempted at all!  The fresh fruit I consume each day has totally taken care of any sugar cravings!!  God is so good!!  His food is completely satisfying!! 

So...onward I go down this journey that my Heavenly Father has me on..thankful for his love..rest assured that although the scale did not move, I am fully at peace and can truthfully say that my God has transformed me into a Woman of Self-Discipline.


1 comment:

kauffeegrl said...

You are doing awesome-don't worry, it's a marathon not a sprint, right? So happy you are stickin' to it! Now if I could just get my sorry bootie in gear.. :-)