Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day Eight a Day Late..

Hello Friends and Family...

Sorry that this is a day late!  We had a power failure here last night that lasted until almost midnight, so I did not have internet service! 

Yesterday was by far the hardest day yet as far as cravings go. I seriously thought I was going to end up eating last night..it was extremely difficult to stay focused yesterday for some reason.  I wasn't even craving bad food..it was thoughts of vegetables and salads floating around in my brain..I could almost smell the ratatouille that I make..one of my favorite comfort foods!  As I sat here on the couch I started talking out loud to my daughter, Ally. Saying things like.."oh, I could have just a small salad..or maybe I should just forget the whole shake thing and just eat all vegetables.." To which she kindly replied, "MOM! NO! That's not what you said you were gonna do! You need to stick to your original plan!!!"  She definitely knows what to say!! Even though her words didn't take away my cravings, I just knew in my heart that I couldn't even eat some healthy vegetables, because she was right.  My plan is to use the shakes as nourishment for my body and learn to completely depend on God instead of food.  Giving in to my flesh is not an option right now. 

I texted a few friends and pleaded for prayer at those moments..I felt as if the thoughts were getting stronger and harder to handle..so I needed some reinforcement! Thank you to my wonderful friends who are so faithful in getting on their knees for me! 

At our Bible study last night we discussed so many, many important truths, like, remembering God's magnificence and what he's done in our lives in the past, and why we sometimes forget what he did and then don't believe that he could do something magnificent or miraculous again in our lives.  Why do we doubt his power so often??  God has done great and mighty things in my life thus far and I am confident that at this time in my life it will be no different.  Remembering that this is a spiritual commitment and not just a "diet" is also a very important element as part of this life-changing journey.  It's so easy to get caught up in the fact that food and eating, for me, is so much more than just a diet change.  This is truly a spiritual battle in my life.  It is a weakness, an addiction, and if I'm going to become victorious through Christ in this, I have to recognize the battle and be sure I have my armor on - Ephesians 6:10-18

The prayers of my friends, along with this powerful study and the support of my MTC-Jesus Girls (Made To Crave) I made it through yet another day!! Thank You, Jesus!

As my day came to a close, the Lord in his great faithfulness reminded me that yesterday was just a day..and today is a new day!  His mercies are new every morning!
Taking this one day at a time..with Jesus by my side..together we can do this!!

Great is thy faithfulness, Oh God my father!
There is no shadow of turning with thee
Thou changest not, thy compassions, they fail not
As thou has been, thou forever will be!

Great is thy faithfulness!  Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see!
All I have needed thy hand has provided
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!









No comments: