Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Update..

So, I spoke with my husband in length about the issues I am experiencing on this liquid diet...I also spoke with a health professional who said that I might be having a reaction to the lactose in the shakes, although I am not lactose intolerant, so I'm not really sure if that is the reason or not..it was recommended that I do some blood tests to see where my nutritional levels are at, but I'm not sure I'm going to go that route at this time..I am going to eliminate the shakes and see if the diarrhea continues or not..

There have been 3 days over the past week where I only drank 3 shakes a day because I had to go somewhere and didn't want to take the chance of getting diarrhea..when I told my husband that, he said that I needed to change the diet plan..
I really had hoped that this would correct itself, and thought maybe it was just my body adjusting to the shakes, but I think I am definitely having some sort of reaction to them. 

I am feeling very nervous..not sure I am ready to go back to eating already..the whole point was to get rid of all food to force me into dealing with my issues..and take 5 months to really clear my head and renew my mind..I've been in prayer most of the evening about it and honestly, I feel like these past 23 days have been an incredible spiritual growing period in my life..I also feel like it gave me the boost I needed to get on the correct pathway to overall health...I also feel that I have set up a big enough support system in my life that will help me on these next steps as I figure out what my next plan of action is.. I know this, I want to have enough energy to exercise effectively and enjoy my kids and be able to play with them..I also understand that I can still lose weight by eating healthy and choosing the foods that are beneficial to my health, just the same way I was losing on the liquid diet..I cannot be afraid of food..eventually I was going to have to face food again, I just didn't think it was going to be this soon!

Please continue to pray for me..I feel 100% more emotionally stronger than I did 23 days ago, so that is something I am holding on to.  Filling my house with good, clean food is priority over the weekend.  The power of God continues to rest upon me, so I am confident that as long as I continue to cover myself with his Word, then I can get through the temptations that may lie ahead!  One thing I do know is that I will continue to fast one day a week, as I see the huge benefits of fasting not only for spiritual reasons, but for the overall health of my body as well.

I press on knowing that he is fully in control...

2 comments:

kauffeegrl said...

Praying for you :-)

Victoria said...

I'm praying. I think you're doing the right thing - you need to be healthy. Can't wait to find out what the new plan of attack will be...