Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Taking Care of Myself Never Tasted So Good..

Several weeks ago I was sitting in my friend's living room at one of the first sessions of the Made To Crave Bible study..as we were discussing where we each were at in this area of our lives, the Holy Spirit totally dropped this statement in my spirit, which I then blurted out loud, "I don't think I've ever loved myself enough to really care about my weight.." I was actually stunned that those words came out of my mouth..and those words stayed with me throughout the rest of the evening, and even into the next morning, when I began to cry over the fact that I truly did not love myself enough to take care of my body..

I'm not sure if I wrote this in an earlier post, but I was reminded again tonight of this very real truth.  I mean, I've lost weight over my lifetime..lots of weight, only to gain it back and then some..but it has never been because I truly cared about my health..not like I do today..I feel that God has totally renewed my mind and the way I look at food and at myself..

So it's day twenty-five since I began this journey, and now that I am back to eating "regular" food, I decided to make one of my favorite meals tonight..not once did I ever feel deprived today because I feel so good and when my dinner plate looks like this I feel like the queen of the house!! 

Baked Glazed Salmon using a little Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and a tiny bit of honey,
Roasted Asparagus and Steamed Broccoli
















No comments: