Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Good Morning Day Two..

Day Two of my new life. Today I'm going to share the plan I have set in place to accomplish the goal of becoming healthy. First things first..though. As promised, here are the lovely pics that Ally took yesterday. Oh joy. This is really hard for me to post. I really don't know why.  I mean, obviously everyone else sees my true self..have I really been so deluded in my thinking that I actually believe that I don't look this bad??
Ugh...oh well..deep breath..today is a new day..it is what it is, and I am ready for change.  Change is good..
And just for good measure..one last shot of my face up close..I believe if I enlarge these prints to an 11x14 and post it on my fridge, I think I'd never eat again...well..maybe not ever again! :)


So there you have it. Me in all my glory. It's okay, I am beautiful and ready to take my place as a daughter of the Almighty King of Kings who loves me unconditionally and perfectly.

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight, in love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will. Ephesians 1:4

So here is my plan -
For the next 5 months I will consume only liquid protein shakes.  I will be using the HMR shakes, since they are doctor recommended for weight loss and by following the program, I will get all the nutritional value I need each day, without the consumption of actual food.  I will also be taking a fiber supplement in the morning, and a barley green drink twice a day.  I have read the book, My Big Fat Greek Diet, several times, and this is very close to the plan that Dr. Nick did to lose over 200 pounds.  He has kept the weight off for ten years now, which is very encouraging to me.  He claims that the only reason he has been successful in keeping the weight off is because he continues to hold himself accountable by sharing his testimony with many people. And of course, by the grace of God!

I will be going to the YMCA three times per week.  Two days per week I will walk with my husband and/or family. 

Many may say that this sounds drastic, or even unhealthy. Let me just say that it is no more unhealthy than where I am at presently.  I am a food addict. There is no doubt in my mind about it. I feel that the only way I can truly deal with my issues and why I turn to food for just about everything is to remove the "medication" for a short time.  If I have no food to turn to when I'm stressed, anxious, angry, sad, happy, etc. then I will be forced to peel back the layers and deal with the issue instead of stuffing it further down with brownies and chocolate! By God's grace, I believe that he will reveal to me during this time how to deal with my food issues, so that on November 1 (7 days before I turn 38, by the way) when I eat regular food once again, I will be better equipped with how to handle the stresses and triggers in life that have caused me to overeat.

Along with my plan, I also have a booklet full of scriptures that I carry with me at all times. My sword of the spirit..

My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words.  Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Proverbs 4:20-22

Can I say just how much I LOVE that passage of scripture?! Health to my WHOLE BODY!! Keeping the scriptures nearby at all times is most definitely the most powerful tool I will have in this journey.

Lastly, I have appointed some accountability partners. My husband, who was a little nervous about it. His exact words to me were: "I have some reservations about this..you're going to have to write down exactly what you want me to say when you need encouragement." I couldn't help but laugh.  I feel bad for my poor man.  I have been so awful in years past when I've asked for help.  He tries and I snap at him and tell him to just be quiet and go buy some Hershey bars!! Pray for him. :)

I've also asked my seventeen year old daughter, Ally as well.  She was eager to help me.  I decided to ask her because last week when I started yet another diet, and on the second day I was whining about how I was ready to quit and just go eat chips, she looked at me and said, "Mom, stop being a quitter!"  Ooh..did those words ever sting! Coming from my daughter, it was very painful. I am supposed to be her example, and she hit me with the hard truth that I had no self control.  I figure she will be the one to keep me on track when I want to quit.  I cannot quit while my children are watching.  I just can't.  She also wants to be a Psychologist, so she is all about talking to me about my feelings..

So there you have it. My plan is in place. I made through yesterday, an entire day of protein shakes, and I enjoyed them.  I will be posting on here often, just to keep me out of the kitchen and away from temptation..I hope you don't get sick of me...

Please pray for me today..I am taking this one day at a time..

"Becoming a woman of self discipline honors God and helps me live the godly characteristic of self control" ~Lysa Terkeurst

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Galatians 5:16

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good morning Kristina! Again I cried and laughed at the same time at your complete transparency...you have a gift of being able to express your thoughts and emotions that will truly inspire and encourage the rest of us on our own journeys...Ps.118:24 "This is "THE DAY" which The LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Matt.6:34 "Take therefore no "THOUGHT for the MORROW": for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof" One DAY at a time sweet Jesus...Love you!

Kristina said...

Aww Mom!! Thank you so much..as always, you know just what to say to encourage me! I Love you so much!! xxoo

Kristina said...

You are not only my mom, but my best friend!!! xxoo