Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day Three

I am feeling unbelievably blessed right now. God is so good..even in my fears and failures, he is so faithful..

Last night I decided to send out an email to some of my closest facebook friends.  These amazing people have been a part of my life for the past few years (some for many years!!) and some just mainly through facebook, but all have had such an impact on my life..I knew I could call on all of these amazing friends of mine and ask for prayer for my journey.  As I sat there and debated who to send the email to, satan was hard at work trying to convince me that most of those people probably really could care less. Then more lies..like, "oh, she's skinny and beautiful..don't send it to her, she might just think you're crazy.." well guess what..I sent it anyways, and I am completely humbled and overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support!! Thank You, my friends. I love each one of you and I am so thankful that you will be there to cheer me on as I continue on this journey.

Day three and I am feeling great. No usual withdrawal symptoms that I usually go through when changing my diet.  By this time I would be miserable, shaky, weak and ready to kill someone!! I'm telling you, it is the power of God that is carrying me through.  I have absolutely NO doubt about it.  I was sitting on the potty (sorry for the visual) yesterday and this crazy thought came into my head.."I think I'm going to really enjoy this journey..in fact, I think I'm gonna miss this whole process when it's over.." seriously? Never, ever have I had such an attitude towards changing my eating habits!! I feel that I will become closer to the Lord than ever before, choosing him over food, learning to fully rely on him for everything..even when it gets tough, is actually a comforting thought right now.  I just love my Father God more than words can say and the thought of growing closer to him is a beautiful one..

So this morning I woke up and decided to read through my entire notebook full of scriptures..I also decided to meditate on a different scripture each day..hoping to memorize as well..covering my mind with the word..

My verse for today:

Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.  Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:1-5

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love those scriptures in Ps. 103...The King James uses "who satisfieth thy Mouth" with good things...even though desire is powerful too! I remember when the Lord impressed me that He would not only give me the desire for healthy food, but He would also teach my mouth to speak "good" and positive things..."He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" I see a good work in progress Kristina!