Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Possible Changes Ahead..

So it is day 23 and I am still going strong on the all liquid protein shake diet, however, I am experiencing some side effects..First, I've had diarrhea since the first week, although it was not a big deal at first, it is now becoming a slight issue.  About 3-4 days per week I get a pretty bad case of diarrhea, and some times I almost cannot make it to the bathroom.  It comes and goes, but it is enough of an issue to keep me home on those days.  I have a call into my doctor to see if this is normal.  Since my kids are now home from school, I feel as if I have zero energy almost all of the time..I think just the fact that they are all here and I cannot just sit on the couch at any given time, is definitely using up much of my energy..I'm not sure if the 800 calories is sufficient enough for me to still be a good mom to my kids..I almost feel like I can't even leave my house, because most of the time my energy level is extremely low.

I have almost zero cravings, so I'm not considering a change due to the fact that I'm sick of the shakes or anything like that, I just literally feel that I need more fuel in my body..the few times I have walked 3 miles, I actually did well, but was completely wiped out for the rest of the day..

I told myself in the very beginning that if at some point I could not do just the shakes, then I would consider doing a healthy eating plan and not get discouraged or feel like a failure..what brought this on today was when Tori asked me to play with her, and I lasted like 10 minutes running around with her, and I literally felt like I was going to pass out..I'm beginning to wonder if the diarrhea has washed out much of my body's nutrients..

Anyways..I'm not doing anything until I get more answers..from the Lord, my doctor and even advice from my family and good friends like you!! :)  I chose this program so that I could remove myself from food and be forced to deal with the issues that come up in my life without being able to grab some sort of food and stuff my emotions down, like I have for so very long!!   However, if I am going to make it through this summer with my kids, I may need to review my plan and possibly make some changes.  It may mean that I will be forced to allow only healthy food back into my life and choose God over all the junk that I used to grab when feeling desperate..I mean, at some point I was going to have to do that anyhow...

Praying for wisdom and looking for advice!!

No comments: